In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd borrow a cute little activity I found here at the beans. Yes, I know, I'm a little late. Please forgive me.
1. Who do I appreciate?
My family, my friends, my co-workers, people who make the world a better place
my friend Sara's bachelors weekend at OCMD
2. How am I fortunate?
...very fortunate...for relationships, for health, for income, for freedom
mike overlooking the creek on a hiking trip
3. What material possessions am I thankful for?
my home, my computer, my car, my phone, my clothing, my decorations...things I do not need, but am very lucky to have
all the "stuff" filling my closet up, shortly after unloading the moving truck :/
4. What abilities do I have that I'm grateful for?
ability to work with little kiddos
i know, it's not my classroom...but privacy you know....so here's one of the niece and nephew from our family vacation
5. What about my surroundings (home/neighborhood/city/etc.) am I thankful for?
it's safe, its surrounded by people yet close to nature :)...i love the small town feel
6. What experiences have I had that I am grateful for?
grateful to have been brought up not having everything given to me...so i can appreciate the things that i do have...i am truly wealthy with things to be thankful for!
mother's day 2 year's ago...my grandmother, sister, niece, & mother
7. What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that I am grateful for? Today I woke up in my own, warm home. Yesterday I was able to spend time with my family. This week I was able to celebrate the season with my co-workers and I will be celebrating with friends! This month we had a bunch of folks help us to move our big truck full of furniture/stuff into our new house! This year I'm thankful for my hubby supporting me in my decisions/indecisiveness...everything I do!
hubs and myself at the Codorus Furnace the day we found our house :)
8. What opportunities do I have that I am thankful for?
to work, to worship my Lord and Savior openly
october snow view from our apartment balcony
9. What relationships am I thankful for?
Jesus, Michael, my parents, my siblings, my friends, my doggies :)
some major flooding this past September in PA, very thankful for our safety
10. What am I taking for granted that, if I stop to think about it, I am grateful for?
I know I might sound crazy, but I try to always remember to be thankful for my bills....they mean that I am able to have things like a home, a car, heat, electricity, new clothing, etc.
more flooding....taking in the greatness of mother nature
Throughout all the upcoming hustle and bustle of the holiday season, my goal is...like the sticker says...to remember to keep an attitude of gratitude and share that joy with others.
i'm Amy. i'm a wife, a daughter, a soon to be mama. this is my place to get inspiration and hopefully give inspiration. come along with me and my little family on our journey as we try to create the nostalgic nest...a place of happiness, a place of contentment, a place that values the simplicity of the past and the values we should all grow up with. this blog is a little peek into our lives...our adventures of learning to love what we have while praising the maker of all things, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.